Saturday, April 10, 2010

Riding update

I had a full day of trying to get started on the garden, it was good to start. I seem to have about 3 jobs, right now. I only stop, long enough to Joke, or to ride the bike.

It was so nice, and I'm doing 30 days of riding or 30 days of cycling, I moved out for a few miles. Originally I thought I'd just do a couple miles, but since it was a day for shorts, I felt like there were a few miles in my legs, I even turned off and put in a few more, just because it was so nice.

Well... sure I felt good... I had a tail wind...

It was still nice on the way back... But a surprise how hard it was.

I talked to Ryan, about diet. I'm working 3 jobs... etc... and trying to get riding in. This is why i've been off the bike for the past 2 years. It's been too stressful to add the biking, But I'm convinced that I'm going to do it, or have a nervous breakdown... or blow up or something...

it's going to work, or something is going to give out.... We will see what it is... Even I have 50/50 it will be my head.... LOL

I with all the stress, i've been going out on no fuel. I eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast, and start drinking a pot of coffee. By the time I can get out for a ride, I just go... and I'm spent... and feel drained.... but I still love it. My diet concern was that I would consume the hard won muscle in my legs. On friday I went out and did 3.5 hours, and had nothing but a water bottle. I bonked at 5 or 10 miles and just suffered.

What ryan said, is that some guys swear by it, By training with no fuel, and droping weight, pushing metabolism.... etc...

Well, Let me say that it's true....
My metabolisum is so high, that I eat anything, and my energy level goes through the Roof! I've been fighting for 2 days to keep things on an even Keel. If I eat 1000 calories at a meal, I just Blow through the roof.
The rides are Rough... It's not all that bad, since the endorphins kick in on the ride, but you are still "Tanked". But Keeping from .... knocking down walls after Meals is .... Rough.

So... I think if you ask me about this kind of training.... "Riding On no Fuel"... I would not recommend it, it's not much fun, and it's hard to adjust to. It's tough on the head.

But it seems to do, just what it should, throws the MBR into overdrive, and helps to drop weight like mad.....

but... keep your hands and feet, inside the ride at all times!!!

Allons-y.... Keep Fighting...

No comments: