- First annoying Christmas. My Sister in Law, because i'm good with wood, Thought I should build her a 500 CD Rack. That would only take a good Week of my free time. But what does it mater to her, Right? My answer to this was that All Christmas lists needed to be submitted by E-Mail(she didn't have e-mail) I want to point out that. Every Christmas I generally didn't give gifts Just my brother and his wife, I picked up things for each of them, and all of my brothers STEP KIDS!... but that and a CD Rack.
- One year, I purchased my sister parts for a new computer. The deal was, that she spent a day with me, Putting it together. My sister Unemployed, couldn't manage to find a job. Had Limited skills. So... She complains "I don't want to do that", I said "Ok, I'll just take it all back." *pout Moan* Can't you do it for me. We put it together and I took her through it step by step. Except for some reason she didn't have her modem drivers. I explained how to install them and sent her on her way. 2 days later she calls me in a Hissy fit... "THIS DOESN'T WORK"!!! I told her to bring it to me and I'd fix it. "NO! YOU COME HERE!" Do you see what drives me up the wall. There are tons of these people! They think it's a negotiation. Some how I owe it to her now! I told her she was going to come here or I wasn't going to do it. I again mentioned that I was happy to take it back.
- Then there was the year that, I'm at the parents home, and we want to have that nice sit around and talk time. On Christmas Eve. My niece pulls a fit, Basically she wanted to just grab her presents and run off. I told her that the next year we would put the presents on the street and they could just pick them up as they passed.
- Then there was the Christmas my brother got me the newest book of Sean Hanity Lies. It was second edition, so the things that he had Lied about, had retractions after the chapters. Basically it was Chapter-Retraction which effectively nullified the whole book.
- My sisters husband, who's birthday is Christmas EVE, Because he was forgotten every year. I got him Golf Clubs, one year.
- after all of this About October a few years back, my sister came over with my niece and they both decided to just be a couple awful Bitches. At that point I turned to my sister and my niece, and said "No more Christmas", and it's been over ever since.
- With my family, I don't even try and play nice anymore. I never bite my tongue, always tell them when they say something stupid, use a word out of context, spurious logic. I live to Correct them, about anything. They can't stand to be around me. Once or Twice a year, they Try and either make up or see if they can stand to be around me, and it doesn't work.
- This year every time one of them said Christmas to me, I said "Christmas is for Kids, and People with Kids"
Friday, December 25, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
http://imaginepeace.com/new... December 8, 2007 I miss you, John. 27 years later, I still wish I could turn back the clock to the Summer of 1980. I remember everything - sharing our morning coffee...40 years since this campaign in 1969!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Let me establish some Facts.
Average health care costs are $12,000 per Family.
- The cost to an individual, paying out of pocket, for Health care is Between $500-$1000 a MONTH.
- For $500 you get Basic Health care, The kind of health care you get when you work somewhere Miserable, and the company you work for just wants to say they have Coverage.
- For $250 a month you can get coverage with about $2000 deductible.
- For $1000 You get comprehensive coverage, and a minor plan deductible, Congress would call it a Cadillac plan, or the kind of plan Members of the Federal Government get, or People who work for GE, or work for a Union
- In the next 7 years the cost of Health care is expected to Double.$24,000
- The middle 33% of the population make GROSS 29,000-66,000 Per household. That is $15,000-$33,000 per person.
- If you Net out Health care, that is $17,000-$54,000 Per Household IS THE MIDDLE CLASS that is a 300% difference from lower to upper middle class. And think about living on $17,000 per year($8500 per individual) or $1,400 per month or $324 per week, that is enough money to pay bills and own a car YIPEE you are middle Class! Now I'd suggest you are broke.
Monday, December 07, 2009
Sunday, December 06, 2009
Saturday, December 05, 2009
- 6. Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every two weeks so that it doesn’t digest itself.
- 10. The dot over the letter “i” is called a tittle.
- 12. Benjamin Franklin was the fifth in a series of the youngest son of the youngest son.
- 14. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
- 21. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades = David ; Clubs = Alexander the Great ; Hearts = Charlemagne ; Diamonds = Caesar
- 22. 40% of McDonald’s profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
- 29. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents every day
- 34. Playing cards were issued to British pilots in WWII. If captured, they could be soaked in water and unfolded to reveal a map for escape
- 43. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out. (DON’T TRY IT, DUMBASS)
- 53. Coconuts kill about 150 people each year. That’s more than sharks.
- 54. Half of all bank robberies take place on a Friday.
- 57. The first bomb the Allies dropped on Berlin in WWII killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- 61. Bruce Lee was so fast that they had to slow the film down so you could see his moves.
- 65. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original “Halloween” was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white, due to low budget.
- 67. The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law, which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
- 73. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola, which Motorola got their name from.
- 80. 28% of Africa is classified as wilderness. In North America, its 38%.
- 81. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
- 90. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
- 91. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
- 104. People photocopying their buttocks are the cause of 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide.
- 110. Everyday, more money is printed for Monopoly sets than for the U.S. Treasury.
- 117. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
- 131. Two-thirds of the world’s eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- 132. For every memorial statue with a person on a horse, if the horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died of battle wounds; if all four of the horse’s legs are on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
- 138. Almonds are members of the peach family.
- 147. “101 Dalmatians” and “Peter Pan” are the only Disney animations in which both of a character’s parents are present and don’t die during the movie.
- 149. Hedenophobic means fear of pleasure.
- 187. Donkeys kill more people than plane crashes.
- 220. Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- 254. People say “bless you” when you sneeze because your heart stops for a millisecond.
- 259. The bestselling books of all time are The Bible (6billion+), Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung (900million+), and The Lord of the Rings (100million+)
- 266. Johnny Appleseed planted apples so that people could use apple cider to make alcohol
- 291. Stephen Hawking was born exactly 300 years after Galileo died.
- of course the most charming fact would be that the list of facts is probably more urban legend
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
I have the pork thing, the one you had such a clever name for.... PorkFlu, Porkchop Fever! I can't remember. It has my head in a Vice, sort of a confused haze. I need to rest up and get over it as quickly as possible, but Rest just gives me too much time to reflect, and wallow in misery. I can almost smell it. Does the Swine flu have a smell?
I'm watching 'To Gillian on her 37th birthday.' It seems ok, but all I can think of is that I was 20 something when it came out, and has Michelle Pfeiffer in it, and apparently she is 37, looking good but reminds me of how old I am.... "Am I that old" "Am I old enough to be a professor and live on a beach, to have had a wonderful wife die, and have a 16 year old daughter." And yet here I sit, wallowing in what it is to be me. Anyways, who can live up to these
Struggling with fantasies I guess. This is going to sound strange, but I just want to exist. Just want to ... be there and be a person, have a life like everyone else. But it seems like that is the fantasy, that I am what I am, Where I am. It's best probably to just let it all be.
Just keep fighting and let it all be, I guess.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
You know I sit down thinking I'm going to write up something Brilliant... I start banging away and ... Feels like the balloon is flat.
See I have to have the framework of what I want to say, then break it into some nice funny observations.
I tend to be so tired I just want to bang it all out... no Nuance, no Joy...
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
This week has been a thing It all started this weekend with this nasty feeling that... Just one of those nasty feelings you get, It's bullshit but. Thinking that something was going to go bad can certainly Create it. I absolutely don't believe in hocus pocus!... but I do know that sometimes you have to listen to a nagging Voice in your head that says "Watch out" That and most of the things that went wrong this week Were Well out of my Control, and Very Random.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
So, there was a time when.... When I was a kid I was a fairly intense kid. I also wasn't raised on T.V. Until I was 8 or so. Living on a ranch with Miles and miles to explore like Huck fin... Well I don't have that ADD most of you have. I've talked about it before, how most of you... and many of the younger and Gen Y.... DRIVE ME UP A WALL. Because you can't seem to do the same thing for more than 10 minutes....
You are T.V. Babies, those short bursts of 7 minute data from tv broken up by 30 seconds of Someone screaming at you to buy some crap, had destroyed your brain... it's why twitter rocks and Blogger sucks... Cause all you have is 140 Characters in you. "I'm taking a Crap" "Lance Lays down" #supermac18
Sunday, August 09, 2009
it's 6am... I just finished the morning carb load, it's all digesting. Trying to get the coffee in me so I can get the .... er other important pre ride Bodily function going.... Rough to be getting old.
Saturday, August 08, 2009
Monday, August 03, 2009
Sunday, August 02, 2009
Saturday, August 01, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
I still feel like hell on the road, and Pain just about everywhere. I did clean the bike yesterday, should have about 1 pound less Road Grime. Made me want to pull the whole thing apart and give it a good once over. Just what I need mid season... A whole new "bike Drama".
You know... Figure out if my pain is just the normal breakdown build up of getting fit.
It's been all salads all the time, but finally I actually ate some proper food thursday. But I think I need to Keep on the Lawn Clippings, and the long rides for a few weeks.
Who am I kidding! I make a mean Salad!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
So I wen't out and a dog tried to eat me, but I got in a ton of good miles. Then today I made a fun run to frontage road, see if he could catch me, or see if I could leave after he did, and not get found....
I was riding up the river valley to frontage, saying "this is almost the dumbest ride I've ever done, I have no intent to go south or go up suncrest... WTF am I doing"
so, Tired... Just checked the heart rate, and after Many more miles in the past 3 days than I've done this season... The old heart rate is 60, Hopefully it will go down.
but I get home, have dinner and recovery.... Sit in my office chair, fall asleep, then move to lay in bed and watch T.V.... Fall Asleep then put the covers on, Fall Asleep till 10pm....
hmmmm..... that isn't a very interesting story....
Hey I tried!!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
road clears and I pull out...
as I do, Sure enough... there is a runner waiting for me to pull out... Cause she knew.... I had my head up my ass, and was ready to kill her, if I got the chance.....
FUCK!..... I'm that Driver...
I don't drive much, maybe 2 times a week at most. When Gas got expensive, I just decided I was sick of it, I do much less than 20 miles per week in the car... Groceries.. I'll even walk most of the time....
that is my first lame excuse....
Don't get me wrong.... I was completely at fault... COMPLETELY... I was, I guess we all do, but analyzing my "Risk Management" on my traffic rule following and even trying to convince myself that Confrontation with drivers may not be the best thing. Even though a dose of "you almost killed me" is something some drivers need.....
On the bike, I notice that many runners run on the wrong side of the road, and maybe I even read it, but there is even a camp of runners that think that it's the best thing. Just as there may be a few cyclists... Only... I think in cycling it's become fairly clear that you need to ride with traffic, and not against it.... because for the most part drivers don't expect to find somebody riding up the wrong side of the street.
I would think that would apply to runners too!..
but to each their own, it is their safety at risk.....