Sunday, July 19, 2009

Doh! i'm that driver

The other day, I'm pulling out of the driveway. pull to the street, to make my way onto the road. I'm Fucking with the Radio, It's hot. sorting out the air conditioner..... The whole bit.

road clears and I pull out...

as I do, Sure enough... there is a runner waiting for me to pull out... Cause she knew.... I had my head up my ass, and was ready to kill her, if I got the chance.....

FUCK!..... I'm that Driver...

I don't drive much, maybe 2 times a week at most. When Gas got expensive, I just decided I was sick of it, I do much less than 20 miles per week in the car... Groceries.. I'll even walk most of the time....

that is my first lame excuse....

Don't get me wrong.... I was completely at fault... COMPLETELY... I was, I guess we all do, but analyzing my "Risk Management" on my traffic rule following and even trying to convince myself that Confrontation with drivers may not be the best thing. Even though a dose of "you almost killed me" is something some drivers need.....
http://capsnet.usc.edu/EHS/Wellness/images/group_of_joggers_345x252.jpg
On the bike, I notice that many runners run on the wrong side of the road, and maybe I even read it, but there is even a camp of runners that think that it's the best thing. Just as there may be a few cyclists... Only... I think in cycling it's become fairly clear that you need to ride with traffic, and not against it.... because for the most part drivers don't expect to find somebody riding up the wrong side of the street.

I would think that would apply to runners too!..

but to each their own, it is their safety at risk.....

No comments: