Saturday, July 05, 2008

Epic Garden post

My small chamomile, just beyond some cucumbers.

This is my lounging aria in the garden. that tree is a pagoda tree..... I'm hoping to turn it into a large version of a Banzai tree.

This is a nice picuter of me pulling potatoes. Nice staged photo, Yummy red potatos. I have 50 some odd plants.

This is a row of Beets, There are 2 types of beets, beets for eating a beet, and beets for Beet greens, I grow both, the beets give me early beets, but I prefer the beet greens, All you do is thin them as they grow... and eat them up... then the last thing you have from a Beet that is more apt to beet greens than beets is a Beet ... sorry that sounds wierd but.. I'm just saying that the beet green beets grow into beets, but later in the season.

A beet and some chamomile I harvested(this is not a link)



This is my dinner, all from the garden, assciated Greens on the left, and some chicken peas and potatos on the right, with some chicken... and a full bottle of wine. Everyting but the corn and chicken comes from the garden..oh and the wine

Most the food gone, and half the wine.... though I'm posting this, I'm about to go out and finish the bottle and do some weeding.

2 comments:

TBS said...

That looks like some good eats there Mop. You better hope I don't find your garden, I might take to it like so many catalytic converter thieves in the night.
BTW, I tried out the "Two Corries" and had a rough go of it.. .seems a little contrived, not so much like my reality fix which is strictly on the up and up, course : )

The Mop said...

Ah Ha!!!! a Clue.... It's a Reality TV show.

I guess that eliminates Dancing with the Stars, and So you think you have Talent.

You have no idea how disappointed in myself I am, I'm watching the two Correy's.

And Feldman is a nut ball to allow that ridiculous Stalker/Personal assistant into his home. Besides that it's a disaster Waiting to Happen. He isn't going to get any decent Productivity out of him... Of course how do you become a personal assistant, if you're not tragically unproductive. (see how addicted I am.)

It must feed some Emotional Harmonic, I have for Personal Redemption.

Did you try Gene Simmons, Family Jewels? Very contrived, But Gene is so Over the top, that i Actually laugh out loud some times.

Fresh Steamed Beets are amazing, I should do a post on how to prep them.