Monday, June 01, 2009

Expedition Africa

Not sure if anyone else caught this on the History Channel....http://www.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/expedition-africa.jpg

It's like backpacking with 3 people you never would backpack with.

Pasqual(to start off with, everyone has a crazy name), who is an expert Navigator/Expedition leader.

So... 2 days they make 10 miles. On a 4 mile hike, they are literally half a mile from water the whole time. They have to argue 3 times about if they are close enough to the water. It's like Hiking with my sister.

Then there is some Euro dude who is a "survivalist" only he seems to be a pro at getting himself killed, which is how he has survival skills.

First they take off and the survival dude insists that a group of 25 has like 3 gallons of water. Which Pasquale insists is a mistake.

3 miles out of Town... they are out of water.... WTF....

So then, they are trying to navigate the second 4 miles, the survival guy is like, "how will we know how far we have gone."
Pasqual "I know how long my strides are 1743, is a mile."
Survival guy "We will all count, and we will average."
Pasqual "but your strides are different length."
Survival guy "You don't know how long my strides are!"
Nature Chick "Well maybe I know!"
Pasqual "How many strides in your mile."
Nature chick "You just assume I don't know, I know a lot and maybe i know"

Pasqual gets annoyed, since she still hasn't answered.

This is all to navigate 9 miles.. 4 miles a day......

991 miles to go.....

I'm not pro pasqual... but it's obvious the survival guy is a moron..... I'll take the survival guy who doesn't get into trouble, than the survival guy who is always in trouble....

they are not going to make it.

No comments: