Sunday, February 01, 2009

Hi all

I guess it's relative.....

Sandy, one of my personal hero's... I imagine he would be surprised to hear it. Well was just blogging about his Sunday, as compared to mine.... As I Literally spent my entire morning watch Federer fight it out with Nadal.... Which was beautiful BTW... Much better than the woman's match. One can only hope that this battle will go on for another 3-5 years.

I also just started my second pot of coffee, wandered around the yard thinking about my garden, and the coming year. Thinking about how I will while away the rest of my day and sandy then goes through the Rough and tumble nature of his Heroic efforts to become a doctor....

It's all relative... (lesson for me, not sandy.)

For those of you who..... are not following the market... Which to be honest, most shouldn't... I spent the last weeks doing some Fairly remarkable Knife catching... For those you know what I'm talking about, I had some Amazing Day trades, followed by some Crazy follow through into a nice bounce in the market..... And yet... I got the Bad Mojo on the bounce, and to my absolute "Nut Grabbing pain" Puked them up(stocks I'm talking about).... It's weird when you look at the market internals, and can't quite understand why you feel like "Something isn't right", Then you have to let them go.

So then I've spent the past week contemplating if my "Mojo" could be off, or if this is just part of the Market Sentiment cycle...

Furthermore.... I guess I'm saying there seems to be "more bad" in the market for the short term. Let me just add in some Good old fashion Seasonal depression, and cabin fever... You have a recipe for some feeling bad for myself, and usual.... "Natural shocks that flesh is Heir to.".

So, I've been sitting on my hands for the past week, doing way too much reflection on everything....

But on the other hand, we could be putting in some form of bottom, that has a chance of holding for more than 2 months... Not sure we can get our hopes up for more than three.

Just to through out some.... Thoughts on the economy. Many out there blame all of this on....."Whatever"... Bush, Greenspan, Wallstreet, Citigroup, Fiat money...... Bla Bla Bla... Y'all know me(sort of). We are the ones responsible.

I can go on for hours about the state of Socio-Economics. Regardless of "right wing vs. Left wing" Economics/Politics.... I can take issue with One thing on one side, or one thing on the other side. Good things about having Credit, bad things..... Bla bla bla..

You have to think that ... in a Macro macro way, there is just something fundamentally wrong with our society.... and by our, I don't just mean the USA. We have become a global society. There is just this Huge problem with us, Where People who work hard everyday, can't get ahead. And where .... ScumSucking... Soda-suckers. Are constantly at it, doing everything they can, to work less, and get more...... You have to think that at one point "Natural Selection" will just get the better of us.

I was working for a company, a while back, and they offered me a job to run this department. They said, "We have our current guy and we want to promote him, Then you can run his department under him.".... I was like... Ok, So There is the "Owner". Then there is the "Head of the Section", Then we have this guy who is going to be the head of the Department, I'm going to be Head of individual Projects, Then there are the 2 guys that do the work..... So you have 2 guys doing work, and 4 people in charge of them.... Of course since I actually work, that is 3 guys doing work, supporting 3 guys who don't work, and are just "in charge". I've always assumed a 5 to 1 management ratio. one guy manages 5 departments, each of those "Department heads" manages 5 projects, those 5 projects have one boss and 5 employees....
So we have one extra position, and about 25 too few people.... This will go far... Me- I'd say fire 2 managers, or get them doing "work"...

Furthermore, We all understand the Management structure which more clearly follows the "Dilbert Principle", than the "Peter Principle" Where, the More productive an employee is, the more likely there is somebody riding his coat tales or taking credit for his work. As Political structures tend to breed Politicians, and not Productivity

I've worked in places where 20K is spend arguing about a 3K dollar problem.

These are unsustainable models for an economy. And need to be flushed out... Companies that have 50 bosses for 3 employees... need to go belly up.... but it would be better if this happened slowly, so the economy can make needed adjustments, and not Seize up.

No tax cuts, Spending programs or Bailouts or "paradox of thrift" or Etc or Austrian economics, is going to save us..... I guess like all things... It's up to 'us'... and no amount of Assinine "Harry Ried, Larry Kudlow, Nancy Pilosi, Mitch Mcconal, Richard Shelby" Asshatery is ....

To tie the points together... Congress needs to "Be Productive".. and not their usual "finger pointing" "name calling" "pass the buck"..... None of that will work, they have to all get together and come up with Solutions. But again, we run into the problem with our society... It's easier to Nay-Say, and Tear down... Others, than it is to .. Do the Work.

I have this comment about when people spend a ton of time "Fighting about things"... That it's obvious they don't have enough work to do, if they have enough time to fight about it.

and in my opinion, that is the problem, and until we understand that we are sad, pathetic, Ridiculous, People.... With their heads so far up our own asses.... Will we be able to actually solve problems... As opposed to "Argue about them".... And that "we all need to get to work"

2 comments:

sp said...

I heard the match was amazing until the 5th set and Fed kinda fell apart. Glad someone is enjoying a sunday morning. I only miss two more before I get one off. Then who knows. Something like 14 straight give or take.

Excellent post BTW. The only thing I'm truely learning right now, aside from all the bullsh*t of immunology, pharm or cardio...is to appreciate the little things. I can't get over how good a ride up emigration would feel right about now. And to think I used to dread those recovery rides...

Ahh to be fit once again. Thanks for some much needed perspective Mop!

sp said...

And yes, I'm honored to be considered anyone's hero...I don't feel heroic at all.