Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Swiming

I'm completely caught up in the Kelly Vs. Haley, swimming Drama.

I mentioned my niece Learning to swim, Just a warning/cautionary tale, After 2 years of child trauma/drama. Let me mention that my parents have a pool and and she did, and could go over weekly for 3 years. After all that time, and tons of effort to get her to swim, My niece needed private lessons to learn how to swim. Private "One on One" Lessons. Finally she learned how.

Good news was she joined the local recreational Swim Team. Then Bad news, refused to race for fear of failure.

Me, I was always a quick learner, and loved the pool. Even when I couldn't touch the bottom. But Like I said, we didn't have air conditioning, so being in the cool water was great in summer.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Great...this battle may cost me more than I thought I would spend.

Did I mention that I WILL win this!

The Mop said...

Why does a white whale, and a one legged ship captain come to mind.....