Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Little 500

"You know what really gets me? I mean, here I am, I have to live in this stinking town and I gotta read in the newspapers about some hotshot kid, new star of the college team. Every year it's going to be a new one. And every year it's never going to be me.
(Pause)
I'm just going to be Mike.
Twenty-year-old Mike.
Thirty-year-old Mike.
Old mean old man, Mike.

These college kids out here are never going to get old or out of shape. Because new ones come along every year. And they're going to keep calling us Cutters. To them it's just a dirty word. To me it's just something else I never got a chance to be."

......................

"there's your cloth, and there's your sponge, and there's your place. Don't forget to punch the clock, shorty"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"This hole...this quarry hole is MINE!"