Sunday, May 24, 2009

French Open

Mauresmo was beaten, and young American hopeful wayne odesnik... who probably will soon be referred to as hopeless(he did go 5 sets).

hewitt struggled

I'd talk about Querry, verdasco, and Gulbus but it would bore you.

Somebody pointed out how I refuse to spell peoples names correctly...

Ivononvic is cooked.... she struggled today. Returning champion. Seems like being Pretty may just be enough for her. but how many pretty tennis players that can't play, can we stand?

I'll still cheer for her.

So.... Players to watch....

Obviously the favorite is nadal in the mens, and we should see something out of Sharapova in the womans side, Jankovic will again come up short, I'd like to see something out of safina I'll say she is my favorite, but the most likly result is that again one of the williams sisters will pull it off. But as they age and struggle, I find myslef more willing to be behind them.... and don't forget Bartoli.

Federer, obvioulsy that is where I am. but Murray needs to have his day soon. But if you arn't paying attention to men's tennis. it's all about the battle between Nadal federer murray and djokovic.

Monfis, Aleze Cornet, It's always good to watch the french players at the french open...

Up and commer Bethanie mattek, goes up against Venus tomorrow... but we havn't seen much improvement out of her game from last year..

No comments: