Monday, December 22, 2008

Where was I...

So, last we knew I was looking for something good to do for somebody else, but not one of the ungrateful entitled people in my life.

I wake up the next day, thinking Hmmmm.... what to do. Sure enough There is my brother... who "Pops in" to get me to put his daughter's bike together. Of course it's more like "how if You show me how to do it."

I get my cup of coffee, say.." Ok put it in the bike stand, and we will work on it."

"No, I'd rather do it in the garage."

"but it's dark in the garage, and all my tools are near the bike stand."

"we can do it, on the workbench."

So, I watch him struggle with it for 30 minutes.

"no, this is fine.", he said.

BTW, he doesn't even clear the workbench, just sort of places his stuff in the middle of all my crap.

Finally I go and grab my bike stand, bring it into the garage, grab the bike Throw it in. 10 minutes later it's assembled.

"oh, that was easier."
(let me just start by complaining how much Y'all like to realize you need help, but then refuse to listen, or be engaged enough to be helped)

OK... Time for the Gearing on a fucking shitty 13 speed K-mart mtn bike.

"this is the way it works, "First you get placement of the dérailleurs, then we set the limits, then cable tension. In that order."

"ok, I get it" he said

I show him how to put a skrewdriver in the mechanism and move it from limit to limit, then say "get it to go from the big ring to the small ring."I go and have breakfast and more coffee, I come back and he is struggling to pull the cable very tight, and tighten it in the clamp.

"does it go from high to low?"

"I figured I'd do this first? but it's tough....."

Fuck!!!

I say, "Alright, it has to be done in proper order, And most of the time all the cable has to have is no slack, and you are good."

So, I start again, undo the cable. get the mechanism to work right. tighten up the cable...

Well it's off just a bit. because all the dérailleurs flex like the pop steel that they are made of... but after a few tries, I get it all dialed in.

4 hours of joyous Kmart bike joy....

I then some time untill the next christmas nightmare unfolds.... Sure enough My dad calls, his Sewer is clogged.....

2 days later, giving up my sunday, still getting up at 4am to be ready to do my work thing, and spending most of it covered in grey water and "Else".... All because those damn sons of bitch plumbers don't know what they are doing......

Ya, sure dad... everything is easier when you get someone else to do it for you.... and had I not done it, mom and dad wouldn't have showered for a week....
http://www.weta.org/fmblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/bah-humbug.jpg
BAH!!!! HUMBUG!!!!

Christmas will be a joy if nobody calls...

ever wonder why I hate the phone?

and trust me, if I asked my brother to help me with anything, he would tell me to shove it where the sun doesn't shine... He is busy watching sitcoms...

No comments: