Saturday, December 20, 2008

Trying to remember.

It's been so long since, I ran around the valley dropping off Christmas cheer. I can't remember if it was 2 years ago or 3. No need to answer, it's better to wonder.
http://divaliglassjewelry.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/kindness.jpg
I was over at J-Rad's blog, I read all the blogs, with an exception or 2. Things are insane for me these days. I have stress to the level where I suspect impending Strokes... and this isn't My old Psychosomatic stuff, like were I feel some minor pain, and think I have a Tumor. Point is I don't write very much any more, which is a pity, Every once in a while I suspect I have a knack for telling a story, though this run on sentence, and this blog for the past year doesn't show it. Over there it reminded I'm not the only one who hates this Holiday.

What I was getting at, is that I'm very much "The Grinch". Even worse this woman I'm "kind of Seeing", was on the phone with her,(I must like her, because I used the words phone and her in the same sentence.), and she brought up Christmas, and I just grumbled and mumbled about it, Roughly saying that the best thing is when it's over, which is cause to celebrate, and that at this point we only have One more hard month and we can start thinking about spring.... of course it is that grim month of blackness and cold....

So, she feels all sorry for me.... Talk about adding asshole to injury, to be felt sorry for, because I just admit what a horror Christmas is.
I guess that is part of Christmas, to make other people feel good about it who hate it so bad. Even if you are doing it out of empathy.

I guess with just a few days left before the day.... Maybe I want to try and do something. Maybe In order to get rid of my Christmas gloom and doom, Maybe I'll perform some random act of Kindness.

I'm going to reflect on this, and maybe this is the way to ward off that Holiday Nightmare, of greed and Gluttony.
Will it help if I challenge the rest of You Grinches to do the same thing?


Maybe this is the lesson, I/We can take from that Christmas a few years ago, Maybe some Random Act of Kindness in your community, maybe a Walk Cleaned of snow, or some other Kindness, Especially one that doesn't involve money... Especially to reach out to one of those people you know who do not feel "entitled", to your kindness.

Maybe try and give the holidays, the meaning that it should, as opposed to the Orgy of Ipod Greed that it's become.

then I dare you to blog about it... or not.
Random act of kindnesshttp://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/aba0154l.jpg

No comments: