Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm in a huge crank this morning

I don't know why......

My HRM the battery died. It's a cheepo, and Polar wants me to send for it to be serviced.

I emailed them and asked what the battery was, and that I wasn't about to spend $40 servicing a $80 watch.

They sent me a form letter saying "send it to be serviced"

I Flamed back this Scathing Email, about how I asked about the battery, and said I refused to "have it serviced". How I was Insulted that they Ignored my specific request. And again said "I'm not servicing an $80 for 40."

I'd assume some of you have had them serviced. Many just use Generic HRM's.

So, they respond. "This is the battery" Don't do it. It has to be sealed(like i'm unfamiliar with silicone). It only costs 14.50, Pluss Shipping and handling.... which is.... About $20... Warranty Smorenty.

so.... I was off by $6.30

And worse, I'd have to run around find an envelope, and go through all that bullshit.

No comments: