Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Confessions

.... So, I was hoping it would get cooler, but when I'm done with "Work" it's still hot... I have a million things to do in the garden. Not to mention the impending 5 hour "Salsa" sessions.... Making salsa takes about 2 hours of chopping, and blanching, followed by 4 hours of "Simmer", then another hour of canning.

But... it's getting harder and harder to exercise, I can tell I'm turning into one of those "Pear" people, with that strange bell shape from sitting all day.

In the morning it's just too hard.

I did watch the men and woman's marathon at the Olympics.... There is something I'll never manage.... There was a time when I could have pulled off 10, and that wasn't completely out of reach... but... without regular Leg pounding... That is some tough stuff.... and I never realized that Runners don't start all "Emaciated, and Gaunt" That happens during the Race.... That just can't be healthy...

Well, that is a show....

Oh and Happy Birthday Art.

4 comments:

UnknownSideEffect said...

Surely you're not as pear-shaped as you imagine! As for marathoning...I think the Kenyans do start out all gaunt and emaciated.

Have fun with the Salsa. Playing in the garden and working with fresh food is good for your health too. Don't be so hard on yourself.

The Mop said...

I'm just working on it.....

Anonymous said...

There is no amount of suffering in the world that is not worth inflicting on oneself when the final result is homemade salsa.

Of course, I generally stick to eating the stuff, so what do I know?

Art said...

Thanks Mop!